Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Too Sick to Eat

Luke 5: 31 And Jesus answering said unto them, they that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

As I lay there in a heap on my couch too tired, too sick to my stomach to get up and eat, I thought of the irony of all of this. In years past, most times when I was sick to my stomach, I just thought I was hungry. I would eat ice cream thinking it would cool down my stomach, but it didn't. Then, I would make this certain gelatin recipe my mother used to make, thinking it would help, but it never did. By the time I had sampled this and that and almost the entire quantity of many of these things, I would be so sick to my stomach that it was very apparent that I had made matters much worse by eating all of that.

Here I am at another time in my life, and I just don't feel like I have the energy to get up and eat. I know that I need to in order to keep up my strength, but it's a major effort. Does that mean that I need Jesus less now, since food isn't as big an obstacle in my life? Of course not!

Although God is healing my compulsive overeating, I can slip back into those old eating patterns at a drop of a hat. I can turn to food instead of turning to God in times of stress, joy, etc. I can get caught up in being prideful about the miraculous changes that God has allowed in my life, but then I would just be letting Satan work a wedge in my relationship with Christ.  Luke 5: 31 And Jesus answering said unto them, they that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: