Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

There Was A Time I Would Have Eaten Over This, but Just Feel Empty

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing ye might have life through His name. John 20: 31 

This verse is so very comforting right now. I feel so numb inside. My dad wanted to move in with us a year ago, but has now told us that he would prefer to live in a nursing home. There was a time I would have eaten over this, but just feel empty now!

I don't know if I feel like a failure about not being able to be all my dad needed or to be able to provide all he needed or wanted. I don't know if I feel to blame in some way for not better meeting his needs, although I thought I catered my day around his needs, the best that I could.

I tried to stay informed about best practices for caring for a family member, but no matter how much I tried to make things positive, he still had to deal with having a Parkinsonism, Macular Degeneration, and other debilitating issues. 

I hate to admit that I have been awake more whole nights that I would like to mention, which means that I am not turning this issue over into my Lord's compassionate arms. I need to focus on Christ's ability to take care of my dad in whatever way is best for him and that I don't have to take that all on, because Christ already has. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing ye might have life through His name. John 20: 31 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: