Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Weak, Weak, Weak!

Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

I’m only five pounds from my goal weight. You would think that I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize that, wouldn’t you? Well, obviously, that’s not the case. I guess I’m just weak, weak, weak!

I was at a holiday luncheon. I had eaten enough to feel satisfied of all the foods that are healthy for me, but was that enough? No! I overheard someone else say that the carrot cake was wonderful. I don’t usually eat cake and other sweets because I’m hypoglycemic and refined sugars make me cranky.

Did that knowledge stop me? No! I went ahead and ate the cake. About a third of the way through the carrot cake, I realized that the person who made the comment didn’t really know good carrot cake, because I felt that this was mediocre carrot cake, at best. Did that stop me? No! I went ahead and ate the whole thing knowing it wasn’t even that fantastic.

Fortunately for me, Jesus gave His life for Weak Christians like me and loves me the way I am and moves me to be better than I am. Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: