Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Reluctant All Too Often

But what think ye? A certain man had two sons: and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. Matthew 21: 28-29

I find that I am all too often a Reluctant Christian. I feel God tugging on my heart about one matter or another. Do I say that I’m only too happy to do whatever is requested of me? Rarely. Usually, more often than not, I give 20 bajillion excuses why this isn’t a good time, someone else is better suited to doing whatever it is than I am.

Eventually, I realize that when God calls, I should respond. The sad part is that I do it with a reluctant attitude. I don’t say, “Here I am Lord, ready to do your will.” I usually go kicking and screaming all my excuses before I finally relinquish my worldly human views and I’m open to doing God’s bidding. Unfortunately, by the time I get around to being open, sometimes the opportunity has passed me by.

How can God love such a sinful human being as me? It defies all logic, but He does. In fact, He loves me so much, as sinful as I am, that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to die on the cross and rise again to save me from my sins and all my many vices, such as being reluctant, overeating, impatient, etc.

I am very fortunate that when I asked Christ to take care of my food, life, and stress, He didn’t say that He’s too busy, there’s somebody better qualified for the job. He blessed me with this gift and you would think I would be more willing to His will when He asks. Fortunately, He has a very forgiving nature! But what think ye? A certain man had two sons: and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. Matthew 21: 28-29

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: