Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Tax Time Woes

And He saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto Him, Caesar’s. Then saith He [Jesus] unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. Matthew 22: 20-21

Each year a tax time, this becomes a struggle with the Tax Time Woes. Why am I so resistant to give my money to the tax collectors? Why do I want to keep more of what seems mine? Am I wanting it to donate to the church? Am I wanting it to donate to some charitable organization? Am I wanting it to make a positive change in the lives of others? Usually not.

Why do I struggle with giving to the government? I guess it doesn’t really matter why I struggle, as long as I listen to what Christ tells us in this passage. When I really, truly listen to what it says, it doesn’t seem so bad to pay what is asked of me. I don’t eat over it the way I used to as a young adult, but I do have to relinquish the hold that money has on me. When money becomes such a focus in our lives, it becomes a false god to us and that not what I want in my life.

Fortunately for me and for you too, Christ knew we are worldly human beings getting caught up in no wanting to relinquish money to the tax collectors. That’s why He has this passage in the Bible for us to know His desire for us. At first, I was more reluctant about it, now I have a calm feeling in my stomach when I pay my taxes knowing that’s what Christ wants us to do. And He saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto Him, Caesar’s. Then saith He [Jesus] unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. Matthew 22: 20-21

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: My Weight Loss Story: God's Work in Progress
by: MissButtahB! via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son