Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Prayer Chains and Christian Blogs

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

Talk about reassuring verses!!! That’s why this blog is so important to me! Although my other commitments keep me from gathering with other Christians every day, I still feel that we, as a faith community, are there worshipping Christ and are praying for each other, or at least, that’s what I hope.

Can this really happen through an overeating blog? Well, I can’t tell you for certain, but God tugged on my heart about creating a Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog for quite a while before I was willing to finally be open to it. He must have had a reason for it and I don’t want to second guess that. Hopefully, when we read the posts whether from this blog or another that inspires your walk with Christ, it helps us be deeper in relationship with our Savior, as well as other Christians that view it as well.

Can it happen through prayer chains? I know there are some who think not. Because of this verse, I feel that Christ hears our prayers for those on prayers chains, even internet prayer chains. Will we get everything we pray for just because two or three are gathered in Christ’s name to pray for something? It doesn’t work that way either. God knows when He is calling people to be with Him in heaven. 

Since we don’t know God’s will in any matter, it doesn’t hurt to pray for God’s healing touch in their lives and all those who care about them. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: