Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is Losing All That Weight Really Worth It?

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

Have you ever found yourself saying, “What I wouldn’t give to lose all this weight.” I know the thought crossed my mind before, but when I read this passage I found myself quickly asking God’s forgiveness for ever thinking such a thing.

Although I’m five pounds from my goal weight right now, I would rather be grossly overweight than to lose my salvation. Although I didn’t like it, I would rather go back to the self-doubt and insecurity than to lose my relationship with my Lord and Savior. Although I hated trying to find something to wear out in public, I would rather go back to that than to face one day without my Savior at my side.

The nice thing is that Christ doesn’t ask this of us, but I still have to have my priorities straight! I have to know that following some Eastern or Middle Eastern mediation format and diet is too high a cost for losing weight, because I might lose my salvation in the process. Going to church with the popular crowd might lead me astray if that church leader isn’t aligned with what Christ tells us through the Bible. Additionally, some pull things from the Bible and use them out of context just to support whatever point they are trying to make. This can be just as harmful.

 Reading the Bible daily helps to keep focused on what really matters and to discern what doesn’t. Don’t let yourself be vulnerable to things that can be counterproductive to your daily walk with Christ. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: