Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When Others Are Cranky, am I Looking in a Mirror?

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 7:9.

The other day, it seemed like several people close to me were cranky over one thing or another. I found myself growing impatient with this. Fortunately for me, God shows me that I shouldn't be casting the first stone in situations like this.

What He showed me was that I set the tone of the people in my household. If I’m impatient, stressed, worried, etc. it directly relates to the level of patience and tolerance the rest of my household has.

You can tell this with little kids. I remember that I used to feel terrible about myself, because I had overeaten, had too much sugar that was elevating and dropping my blood sugar, and none of my clothes seemed to fit. It was the one day where I really needed the kids to cooperate and play well together, but it rarely works out that way. The kids are more apt to pick up on our hectic and cranky behaviors. They tend to be less tolerant and patient with each other and more fussy and needy. That’s because they pick up on our moods.

This also works within the rest of the family, young and old alike. If through my response, I am edgy over something, although I’m thinner, it still sets a tone for those in my household that see this and they, too, become more edgy. God was showing me that when I’m frustrated with the crankiness of several members in my household, it’s like looking in a mirror. I should realize that I set the tone and can turn my crankiness and the edginess over to God’s very capable hands and He can take that away from me. When He’s done that for me, it leaves a much more calming tone on the family and they eventually ease out of their crankiness. Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 7:9.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: