Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Planning, Planning, Planning

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Matthew 6:34

This verse is very significant to me, because it seems like I’m always planning something in my head. I’m figuring out ways to organize, figuring out what I should say in particular situations, or ways people can resolve problematic situations.

It wouldn’t be such a big problem, but this is one of my vices. When I’m doing this, it’s just one more form of trying to be in control of my life instead of turning everything over into God’s capable hands!

God showed me over 30 years ago when He took the compulsion for eating excess food away, that I need to give up my control and turn to Him in all things. Why do I find it so difficult to relinquish the control in my life? Why do I keep planning, planning, planning?

That’s a good question and I’m hoping that God’s got an answer for me before this blog post is complete. You wouldn't think planning would be such a big issue for me after God’s gone to great lengths to show me that my life and the lives of those I care about go much more smoothly when I’m not behind the scenes trying to figure out ways to resolve issues.

One of Satan’s biggest strongholds on me, for years, was through my eating. I was turning to food in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to God with these issues, which made food a false god in my life. When my food is in God’s hands it has less of an importance in my life, but Satan doesn’t want to give up that stronghold in my life easily. Satan’s always looking for a way to snare me in.

I know that trying to be in control of my life is one of my many vices. Satan leads me to I think that planning doesn’t seem like a related vice, even though it is. I’m thankful that Christ takes the time to show me this and that He never gives up on me, even when I revert back to old patterns. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Matthew 6:34


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Before and After-100 Pounds Lost Success Story [Longer but Outstanding!!!]
By: Shannon Hammer on Kirsty TV via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives