Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Planning, Planning, Planning

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Matthew 6:34

This verse is very significant to me, because it seems like I’m always planning something in my head. I’m figuring out ways to organize, figuring out what I should say in particular situations, or ways people can resolve problematic situations.

It wouldn’t be such a big problem, but this is one of my vices. When I’m doing this, it’s just one more form of trying to be in control of my life instead of turning everything over into God’s capable hands!

God showed me over 30 years ago when He took the compulsion for eating excess food away, that I need to give up my control and turn to Him in all things. Why do I find it so difficult to relinquish the control in my life? Why do I keep planning, planning, planning?

That’s a good question and I’m hoping that God’s got an answer for me before this blog post is complete. You wouldn't think planning would be such a big issue for me after God’s gone to great lengths to show me that my life and the lives of those I care about go much more smoothly when I’m not behind the scenes trying to figure out ways to resolve issues.

One of Satan’s biggest strongholds on me, for years, was through my eating. I was turning to food in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to God with these issues, which made food a false god in my life. When my food is in God’s hands it has less of an importance in my life, but Satan doesn’t want to give up that stronghold in my life easily. Satan’s always looking for a way to snare me in.

I know that trying to be in control of my life is one of my many vices. Satan leads me to I think that planning doesn’t seem like a related vice, even though it is. I’m thankful that Christ takes the time to show me this and that He never gives up on me, even when I revert back to old patterns. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Matthew 6:34

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: