Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

No Room in the Inn

And she [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son [Jesus], and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7

My minister was talking about this recently and it was very intriguing to me. I wanted to share it with you. He was talking about how Mary, ready to give birth to our Savior and Joseph were entering a city full of people there to pay their taxes. When they approached the inn, they weren’t welcomed, but were offered and were grateful for a second-rate place to stay. (The last half of this sentence I added, but it’s part of my point. Additionally, the minister didn’t say all of this. He just got me to thinking. I’ve underlined the main parts he talked about.)

Anyway, the minister talked about how in many communities people who are different: minorities, the less fortunate, the homeless, those with vices, the penniless, those of other cultures, other religions, etc. are not welcomed either. This led me to think about all those years as an overweight child and adult and how I didn’t feel welcomed, either. It was a terribly lonely feeling. You could see it in other people when they pass you. They avert their eyes elsewhere or have a scowl, as though they are appalled at how we could allow ourselves to become so overweight.

It took me years and lots of prayer to overcome those feelings of being unwanted and not approved of by others. It makes me think of all those people who are different: minorities, the less fortunate, the homeless, those with vices, the penniless, those of other cultures, other religions, etc. who are not welcomed either. Jesus who is King of Kings led a humble life and gave His life to save us from our sins. He welcomed me as a Christian, flaws, overweight and all and I think He would want me to be welcoming of others who are different. This is especially important to remember as we celebrate His Birth today. And she [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son [Jesus], and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7

Remember the Reason for the Season is to focus on the birth of Christ and all He's done for us!!! Merry Christmas!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: