Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wearing Thin Clothes in Public and Not Hiding Behind My Baggy Clothes

And why take ye thought for raiment?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:28-29

This sounds like a silly thing to post about, but it’s very significant to me. I have a difficult issue wearing my thin clothes in public. Either I wear all baggy clothes, a baggy wind breaker over top, or wear thin pants and baggy top or visa-versa.

There was a time, years ago, when I got some unwanted attention from someone, that I found myself sitting down and eating and eating until I gained all the weight back. I had a sense of relief when I was back to my previous weight, because I no longer had to deal with issues like unwanted attention from others.

That’s not the way that God wants me to deal with these issues, now.  I really don’t think that’s the way He wanted me to deal with them then, but I wasn't listening. I ate and ate out of panic! Now, God wants me to turn to Him to deal with all issues in my life, including my body image and how I feel about having a thinner body.

Actually, wearing the thinner clothes in public was purely an accident. I put them on and didn’t really think of it until I was almost to the library and realized that I had only thin clothes on. I had a half of a panic and realized that I couldn't really do anything about it then, and that I had to turn it over to God and He took care of it! After that, I was busy turning in books and Dvds and picking out new ones with the little one accompanying me, and never thought any more about it until the evening.

That evening, I was prayerfully contemplating what God had done for me which was pretty significant to me! I realized that God will get me through other situations as they arise and that God doesn’t want me hiding behind my baggy clothes. And why take ye thought for raiment?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:28-29


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: