Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God’s There for Me Even When I’m Not There for Myself

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20

Sometimes I feel so alone and isolated from the world. These seem to be times when I let the cares and stresses of the world get the best of me. I may turn to food when I know that it just leads me further in the dumps. My guilt is apt to settle in, since I know what a difference there is when I turn to God for consolation rather than to food.

I am just so truly blessed. God loves me when I’m not there for myself. He never gives up on me, although I give Him many opportunities to turn His back on me.  Christ sees the best in me even when I can’t see it in myself.  He loves me no matter what size I am, because He doesn’t see the way others do. Christ sees what’s in our heart. He takes our self-loathing and turns it to His benefit when we let Him. He’s there for me, even when I’m not there for myself. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: