Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Hate to Admit, I Used to Be Ashamed to Admit My Faith...

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth: to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 

 I hate to tell you how badly I feel that I used to be ashamed to share my faith with others. Being overweight a large portion of my life, I was afraid that others might laugh at me because of my faith. Fortunately for me, Christ didn't hide when others made fun of His faith. Fortunately for me, He continued to tell people about the Salvation He was providing for all those who love and turn to Him. 

I have to admit, it's a lot easier to share my faith with you on the other side of the internet reading this blog post. I can't see your smirk if you don't agree. I can't see you whispering to others behind my back, but Jesus could, yet He still continued to tell sinners how to turn their lives over into His very capable hands.

Christ's example moves me to try to be a better Christian that helps others know of His saving mercy that He has so generously shared with me.! Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth: to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: