Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Does This Passage Mean to Someone Who Is Overweight?

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.

So, you are wondering what this passage really means to someone who is overweight? Well, I can't tell you for sure, but what it means to me is that God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I'm overweight. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I can't fit in my pants anymore.

God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if others laugh at me and make me feel terrible about myself. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I'm not very good about standing up for my rights when others talk down to me. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I cry inside when other laugh when I try to share my thoughts and ideas. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I feel all alone like no other person understands. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I'm left out of activities and sit on the sidelines.

God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I passed up chances to make a better life for myself. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I have a difficult time taking risks. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I have vices like food, etc. that interfere with being the person that Christ really wants me to be. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I've done some things in my past that I'm not proud of. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I make excuses for my overeating.

God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I don't have many friends and cry myself to sleep. God gave His only begotten Son so that I can go to heaven even if I'm afraid to try to make the changes necessary to be the person that Christ wants me to be.  John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: