Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If You’ve Made a Poor Eating Choice, You Can Still Throw the Rest of It Away…

These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

My family drove a ways to visit some relatives. On the trip, we stopped and one ordered a root beer float and the other a root beer freeze. I took a few big sips out of my husband’s root beer freeze and remembered how good they tasted. On the return trip, they wanted to stop there again. One of the family members said they were treating us all to root beer floats, this time.

I figured that I had to get it. I couldn’t offend the treating relative, could I??? After drinking half of it, it really weighed on my mind. I looked into the cup and although it tasted good, I knew that all that ice cream wasn’t good for me because I’m hypoglycemic.

We had a long drive home and I wondered what I was going to do. Trying to being open to being prayerful about this, because there’s a part of me that really would have liked to drink the rest of it, I asked God in prayer. The thought in my mind was that even if I’ve made a poor choice, I can still throw the rest away. I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to accomplish this, but the idea popped into my mind (which is often how God works in my life) to give the rest to one of the other passengers, which worked.

It’s not great that I drank half of it, but God showed me that it’s much better that I got rid of the rest than to drink it all. These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: