Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, September 25, 2014

It's Funny That I Can Love Others, but Not Love Myself...

This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

It's amazing that Jesus is so forgiving of us and encourages us to be as forgiving of others. Unfortunately, I find it much easier to forgive others their faults than to forgive myself! So, why is this important?

Well, for one thing, I am a person who is more drawn to food as a protective barrier when I don't feel good about myself. It's a double whammy, when I don't feel good about my eating, which could possibly lead me back into eating more to hide or punish those self-loathing feelings I have, at the time.

Fortunately for me, Jesus shows me again and again, in this verse that He wants me to love me just as He loves me. Why is that so hard for me to believe? When I'm down on myself for some insignificant flaw or a significant one, I don't just let it go. I seem to mentally chastise myself over it for some time, like that's my punishment for making that error or eating things I knew were wrong for me.

When I'm really turning my life, food, and eating over to God's very capable hands. He makes me aware that Jesus loves me and all my shortcomings, regardless. He loves me enough for the both of us, even when I find it difficult to love myself. Knowing that, makes me feel so blessed, that eventually, I realize that I have to turn the self-loathing over to God, as well. If He could take away my overeating, He can certainly take away my self-loathing when I make errors. This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15: 12

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Weight Loss Tips Video: Safe Weight Loss for Kids Playing Youth Football wmv.
by: drdennisbuckley via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?