Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Experiencing God's Love for Me, First Hand...

But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:12

I need Christ in my life to heal me from my overeating, my poor self-esteem, and turning to food in despair instead of to Him. If I hadn't had these problems, Jesus wouldn't have needed to heal me from them and I wouldn't have experienced His love for me first hand.

He blessed me by allowing me to lose 80 pounds over 30+ years ago and to keep the majority of it off. It could have been easy to say thanks and mosey down the road, leaving Christ in the background. Fortunately for me, Christ showed me that He is what I need to fill that aching hole in my soul. He is what I need instead of excessive amounts of food. He is what boosts my self-esteem. He is the physician and I am the patient, who needs an on-going relationship with Christ to stay healed, much in the same way that a diabetic might continue to need insulin to keep them healthy after a diabetic episode.

All I know is, when my relationship with Christ takes back burner in my life, I find that my vices start taking over again and seem important in my life. That's when I realize that any time I deviate from Christ, I need Him as my healer! But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:12

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: