Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Satan is the Thief…

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:  I [Jesus] am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Over the years, I’ve read this passage, but this time it had a more personal message for me. I realized that Satan is the thief. He tries to steal my healthy relationship with Christ by dangling things that tempt me like food and other things that interfere in my relationship with Christ, my family, and my self-esteem.

So, how could Satan use food to interfere with my relationship with Christ?  Well, when I’m eating things I know aren’t good for me or amounts that aren’t healthy, I’m turning to food to heal my aching soul rather than turning to Christ, for He is the only one who can heal my aching soul. That makes food a false god in my life.

So, how could Satan use food to interfere with my relationship with my family? When I’m over eating or eating foods that have high amounts of sugar, I tend to be cranky with my family. I’m not setting a good example of how to interact and I’m less patient with them when they do something that would normally not faze me.

So, how could Satan use food to interfere with my self-esteem? When I’m overeating, turning to food instead of to Christ, or eating foods that are not healthy for me, I seem to have low self-esteem. I feel badly about myself and my choices and feel easily overwhelmed by life events.

Not only this, the thief (Satan) cometh to kill and to destroy. If I eat too much of the wrong types of food, it can kill me or make me in a weakened state where I am vulnerable to other health issues. The thief destroys my ability to feel capable to change these unhealthy patterns. Fortunately, Jesus came so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. Jesus can heal our vices, whether they are food or other things, so that we can have the abundant relationship with Christ, our family, and have a healthy self-esteem, if we only ask Him. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:  I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: