Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Lemon Meringue Pie Was Calling Me

2 Timothy 1: 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The moment I walked into the restaurant, I smelled the lemon meringue pie. I knew within seconds that it was going to be the main part of my meal. Trying to justify eating something almost totally consisting of sugar for dinner, I tried to quickly come up with a plan to try to fool myself…or was I trying to fool God?

I decided that I would have vegetable beef soup and a half sandwich made with chicken salad. I figured the protein in the chicken salad would help make up for all the sugar that I was going to eat in the pie, something I almost never eat because I’m hypoglycemic.

I could hear the waitress tell someone that there were only two pieces of pie left. My eyes about popped out of my head. I knew what I was doing when I told my husband that I was tempted to tell the waitress to bring me the pie then instead of later. I wanted to make sure that pie was MINE!!!

The funny thing is, at the very same time, intermixed within these sugar laden thoughts, I also thought that maybe God was taking the pie off my plate to protect me from myself. Did I let Him? NO! My husband asked the waitress to bring me the pie, but really I put him up to it. I have nobody to blame but myself!

Before I got my meal, I ate a large portion of the pie, the thing I was coveting, letting it work a wedge in my relationship with Christ. I was letting the pie call me, instead of being an example of being called by Christ to share how we can turn these urges for food over into God’s very capable hands.

Was I being an example of how God works in my life? Unfortunately not, but I feel compelled to share both the good along with the bad. I am very blessed that God doesn’t ever give up on me and allows me to turn back to Him when I have fallen prey to the call of lemon meringue pie or worse. 2 Timothy 1: 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: