Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Message in the Bathroom

John 13: 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love to one another.

Because of the weather and getting into a lax routine, I haven't been walking much lately. I decided to go to a big chain store to walk. I had figured that two times around the store including the garden section equaled one mile. During this time in the store, I had to use the bathroom, only to get a big surprise!

On the back of the bathroom door, it said:       You R Loved!
                                                                                               You R Beautiful!

The funny thing is, reading this made me feel better about myself. Trying to analyze this, I realized that the person who wrote this on the back of the bathroom door had no idea that I would be there, so the comment wasn't personal. It still felt personal, regardless of the logic.

I got to thinking that if seeing positive comments like this would make me feel better, think what it would do for all those who are struggling with their self-esteem, those who are struggling with their body image, those who are struggling with depression, etc.

It  makes me think of this Bible passage and how God wanted us to show love to one another like He loves us. If saying kind, positive things could make a big difference to someone using the restroom, imagine what a positive difference we could make on our family, our friends, and the world by readily sharing positive comments with them. John 13: 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love to one another.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: