Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being a Christian Even When Others Aren’t Nice in Return

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?  for sinners also love those that love them.  And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?  for sinners also do even the same  Luke 6:31-33.

Have you ever dealt with someone who just wasn’t going to be nice to you no matter what? I used to take it personally and eat over it, fretting what I had done to evoke such a negative response. Once I started turning my food, body, control, and stress over to God’s very capable hands, He has shown me that it doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with me.

It’s not always easy to remember that in the midst of these interactions. Recently, someone responded abruptly to me. Thinking of Christ, I was reminded that I have a choice and that I didn’t have to respond in like manner. I apologized for what I thought they were upset with, although it seemed like an insignificant matter to me. The person still responded back abruptly.

I thought that possibly the person didn’t feel my first apology was sincere and decided to apologize again. It really didn’t make any difference in this person’s attitude. It had crossed my mind to respond back by saying that I couldn’t understand what they had to be mad about. I figured that I had even more reason to be angry, because the person was curt with me.

Thinking again about Christ and the choice that He gives me, I was reminded that I need to be a Christian at all times and with all people, not just those who are nice in return. Fortunately, He gave me this thought, which allowed me to not engage in words that wouldn’t have made me a good example of Christ’s positive influence on my life. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?  for sinners also love those that love them.  And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?  for sinners also do even the same  Luke 6:31-33.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: