Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Two Buffets in One Month, What was I Thinking?

2 Corinthians 3: 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

What was I thinking? This has gone through my mind several times in the last three or four days. We went to a buffet with a couple to celebrate their engagement. We had a very nice time and I found several things on the buffet that I liked. Doesn’t this sound silly from someone who has had food as a vice for the majority of my life? Of course, there were foods on the buffet that I liked.

When I went to the doctor’s for a checkup, I noticed that I had gained a couple of pounds. I don’t weigh regularly, because I find that I let the scale have control over my life and not God when I get too caught up in what the scale says. Now, did I connect the couple of extra pounds to having gone to the buffet? Nope! I just thought it was kind of strange that I had gained weight when I was mostly following my eating plan.

I must have had amnesia, because a couple of weeks later, I suggested to my husband that we stop by the buffet again, since I still had some coupons for it. Again, I found some things on the buffet that I liked, but didn’t think much of it. The next day is when reality set in. What was I thinking (which has been on my mind ever since)?

Fortunately for me, God loves me even when I have amnesia and forget to follow my eating plan. He loves me regardless of my weight, my slips, and all my shortcomings.          2 Corinthians 3: 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


 Importance of Protein-Tip From Weight Loss, Diet and Nutrition Coach, Chris Powell
by: realchrispowell via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives