Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Two Buffets in One Month, What was I Thinking?

2 Corinthians 3: 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

What was I thinking? This has gone through my mind several times in the last three or four days. We went to a buffet with a couple to celebrate their engagement. We had a very nice time and I found several things on the buffet that I liked. Doesn’t this sound silly from someone who has had food as a vice for the majority of my life? Of course, there were foods on the buffet that I liked.

When I went to the doctor’s for a checkup, I noticed that I had gained a couple of pounds. I don’t weigh regularly, because I find that I let the scale have control over my life and not God when I get too caught up in what the scale says. Now, did I connect the couple of extra pounds to having gone to the buffet? Nope! I just thought it was kind of strange that I had gained weight when I was mostly following my eating plan.

I must have had amnesia, because a couple of weeks later, I suggested to my husband that we stop by the buffet again, since I still had some coupons for it. Again, I found some things on the buffet that I liked, but didn’t think much of it. The next day is when reality set in. What was I thinking (which has been on my mind ever since)?

Fortunately for me, God loves me even when I have amnesia and forget to follow my eating plan. He loves me regardless of my weight, my slips, and all my shortcomings.          2 Corinthians 3: 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: