Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Was I Thinking When I Skipped Lunch?

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

I went out to breakfast with a friend and wasn’t hungry when it was lunch time. What was I thinking when I skipped lunch? I should know better. God has shown me over the years that I am more vulnerable any time I miss one of my meals. Instead of eating a normal meal-sized portion later, I ate twice as much and ended up eating things I know are bad for me.

I ate dinner, but didn’t feel satisfied. I ended up getting into the almonds and ate almost half a bag. I didn’t seem able to stop, nor did I want to. I had frozen the almonds which makes them crunchier. Almonds are healthy, right? At least that’s what I tell myself, but eating half of a 16 ounce bag of almonds isn’t good for anyone.

Usually, God gives me a feeling when I’m overindulging, but it didn’t seem like it was there. Maybe, I didn’t want to pay attention to it, which is probably more the case, I’m sorry to say. While I was wolfing the almonds down, with no stopping in sight, I quickly prayed for God to give me the willingness to let Him stop me and He did. Within seconds, I folded up the bag and stuck it in the freezer in the garage. If I were smart, I would have stuck them in the garbage, because I’ve fallen prey to nuts in the past.

I don’t know if I’m taking the miracle that God has done for me by allowing me to lose the 80+ pounds and keeping the majority of it off for over 30 years for granted. I don’t want to get caught up in crazy thinking, letting food control my life again, instead of turning to God. I’m so fortunate that my heavenly Father doesn’t turn His back on me, although I seem to turn my back on Him, at times. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: