Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Cranky After All the Sugar

Ephesians 4: 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil.

The day after I ate the lemon meringue pie for my dinner, my husband seemed very impatient with me. It felt as if he wanted me to do everything at a snap of the finger and I let him know that I didn’t appreciate it in the least. After about the fifth episode that morning, it dawned on me, it was all that sugar I had the night before. It wasn’t my husband being impatient after all. It was me. I was cranky after all the sugar.

Since God blessed me with the miracle of taking my need for excessive amounts of food and craving sugar away from me over 30 years ago, I’ve rarely had any sugar other than the natural sugar in fresh fruit. I had forgotten about how Satan through sugar is able to spin a web around me that skews my perspective of things, making me irritable, and not the person that God wants me to be.

It saddens me that I could fall back into the clutches of eating sweets so easily. Fortunately for me, God reminded me how Satan has used sugar in my life in years past to work a wedge in my relationship with my family and God. I regret being cranky with my husband this morning. What was worse than that, I blamed him for it and not my eating the lemon meringue pie. I apologized, but I need to be more focused on turning food back into God’s very capable hands. Ephesians 4: 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: