Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Stuck in the Middle Again…

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

I find myself torn again, but this time it’s different. I used to eat over things out of my control and I’ve started to realize that I probably ate over other people’s issues that were out of my control, as well. God is showing me that I don’t have to continue to be stuck in the middle again.

In one day, I was faced with other people’s rental issues, work issues, health issues, in-law/out-law issues, child issues, none of which were my own. In the past, I emotionally took on each of these issues. I stressed over them, prayed over them, and probably ate over them, as well.

God’s showing me that doesn’t have to be the case. I’m finding out that when I personally took on other people’s issues, I was, in fact, playing god. I thought that by brainstorming, stressing, and praying, it would make a change for the person I was concerned about. But I’m not God, and I was missing the boat all these years thinking I was a good friend, family member, and person for caring so much, but it added to my stress-load in the process.

The only thing that makes a difference is my prayers, because it’s not me who can make a change in their lives, ease the load, give them peace. It’s God and God alone who can do this. Fortunately, God has put me in my place and shown me I can be much more effective for those I care about if I pray more and stress less over their concerns. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: