Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Show Charity to Others?

1 Peter 4: 7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

This has a whole different meaning for those of us who are compulsive about are eating, our weight, or our bodies. When we are or have been immersed in a vice that has consumed us, it should make us more sensitive to those in the world who suffer with other vices.

There was a time that I felt justified thinking, “At least I don’t _____ like they do. My eating doesn’t hurt anyone beside me.” Actually, that wasn't true. The person I became when I was compulsively eating affected my children, so it did hurt others. They saw me when my self-esteem sagged and had to put up with me when I was cranky because I wasn't happy with myself or anything else.

Fortunately for me, Christ took away my compulsive overeating. He bolstered my self-esteem, and reminds me that He is there for me when I get cranky. I’ve been truly blessed, but do I show charity to others? Am I patient and supportive of those who have vices whether they are similar or different from mine? Am I being the example of Christ’s unconditional love and acceptance to others?

Christ loved me even when I couldn't love myself. Am I doing the same for others? 1 Peter 4: 7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: