Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Turning My Cruise Control Off…

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

It seems that lately God has been showing me that my prayers need to be more authentic. I got to the point that I had typed out my prayers and all the people and situations I was praying for. I rambled through them, but was I really mindful of what I was praying? Well, God has shown me that I have to give up the prayer sheet, because I wasn't having authentic prayer with Christ.                                      
                                                            
 It may sound funny, but I like to have quick prayers when I’m in the bathroom. It’s allows me various times throughout the day to connect with my Lord. Again, God has shown me what I am doing. My praying is like I’m driving with the cruise control on. I’m going through the motions of driving, but while I’m doing this, I’m looking at the scenery and thinking about other things.

Now, I’m prayerful about God’s guidance in praying and turning my cruise control off. I want to be mindful during my prayer time and not just rattling off things without any real thought of what I’m saying. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Matthew 6:7

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: