Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is My Stubbornness with My Husband Indicative of My Relationship with Christ?

Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

We had an ice storm last night and I didn’t want to go out, but my husband wanted to go out. I tried to let him know exactly how much I didn’t want to go out, but that I would only if he really wanted me to. Is that the same thing I’m doing with God?

I like to think my life is focused on my relationship with Christ, but I, all too often, tell Christ the same things I told my husband. God, I really don’t want to share my faith with this person. S/he probably won’t be open to hearing what I have to say anyway, but I will only if You really want me to.

Fortunately for me, Christ didn’t say, “Debbie wants me to take care of her food, body, eating, control issues, and stress. I don’t really want to do this, but only will if she really wants me to.” Christ didn’t put Himself and His needs first before everyone else. He willingly gave His life for us, but it doesn't look like I willingly do what He asks of me. I need to be more focused on the needs of Christ, my husband, and others in my family instead of being so self-focused and stubborn. Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: