Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Let Worry Get the Best of Me?

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5-6.

When God blessed me with the loss of 80+ pounds over 30 years ago, He showed me how important it was for me to turn my food, body, eating, control, and stress over to His very capable hands. Do I still put my stress in His hands now that He’s done all this for me? I hate to say that I still let worry get the best of me more often than not.

There are situations that are beyond my control. There are people I cannot help. So, what do I do? Do I turn them over to God’s very capable hands? More often than not, I do so on a minimal level, but allow myself to worry the rest of the time.

Does my letting worry get the best of me make me a very good role model for God? If they see me get stressed, allowing worry to make me tense, inpatient, and letting it affect my health, I’m not leading them in the path that Christ wants. I am not being the example of praying in faith, nothing wavering, because if I continue to worry about these things, it shows I am not truly trusting Christ to take care of these things in His timing, which is impeccable! If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5-6.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: