Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Getting the Cold Shoulder or Is God Just Asking Me to Wait?

Luke 12: 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

There are so many times that I’ve heard people respond that God isn't listening to their prayers, because they didn’t get an immediate response to them. For one thing, as sinful human beings, myself included, we often ask for God to answer our prayers in a specific way. I have often found that the things we ask aren't always the best things for us, so God isn't always going to answer our prayers that way.

I used to ask God to make me friends with the popular kids. If God had answered my prayers in the way that I asked, I might have taken on some of the same lifestyle choices that the popular kids made. It may have had a negative impact on the rest of my life and who I am.

I asked God to make me thin, but He didn’t answer that prayer immediately. If I had become thin then, I might have missed many of the lessons God had for me about how I turned to food instead of turning to Him for comfort when I’m stressed. I wouldn't have found out how I let my food and eating interfere with my relationship with those that I love. I wouldn't have realized that I let my weight dictate my self-perception. All of these are lessons that I was so blessed to have received. I’m so glad that God didn’t answer my initial prayers in the way I had asked, because these lessons have helped me to become a better Christian, a better wife, a better parent, a better friend and a better person.

 I’ve asked God for a specific job, thinking that it was the ultimate job for me. It turned out that I didn’t get that job. I got a different one, at a later point, that was more in keeping with what was best for God’s plan for me. Looking back, God allowed me to inspire and to be inspired in this job which may not have happened in the original job I requested. God isn't giving us the cold shoulder when we don't get what we request immediately. Sometimes, He is asking us to wait, because He has a different plan for us.

I asked God to not let my grandfather die. He had suffered so much, but I didn’t think I could bear losing him. Later, God let me know that I was asking something that wasn't in God’s plan. If He had allowed my grandfather to live longer because I couldn't bear to part with him, it would have caused my grandfather to suffer longer.

Although I don’t understand God’s ultimate plan for me and my family, I want God to answer my prayers in the way that is His will for us, instead of giving me everything I ask for. If God never forgets the sparrows, I know that He knows all my needs and what is infinitely best for me and my family. Luke 12: 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: