Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Good Is It to Be Thin, If You Lose Your Salvation in the Process?

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? Luke 9:25

How many times have fleeting thoughts like, "I would give anything to be thin" crossed our minds? What good is it to be thin, if you lose your salvation in the process? Fortunately, God doesn't say it's an either/or situation, "You can be thin or you can have salvation-now pick."

Actually, I was thinking more on the lines of who we become once we lose our weight. Do we become focused on our looks? Do we join the crowds of thin people (not that all are this way) who are insensitive to the plight of others who are overweight, have vices, or handicaps? Do we jump at the idea of being welcomed by groups of people who have less than Christian ideals and family values?

It's all too easy to become self-absorbed. It's all too easy to join the norms in society and not stand up for the rights of others: the troubled, the oppressed, the needy, and the abused. It's all too easy to blend in with the "In Crowd" and not stand up for what Christ has taught us. After having been overweight for so long, I find it much easier to blend in that to stand apart for my beliefs. I'm not perfect, but I pray that God brings me back to focus on what is truly important any time I start to stray and get caught up in worldly values. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? Luke 9:25

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: