Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is My Focus on Christ or on Food?

How much more shall the Blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  Hebrews, Chapter 9, verse 14.

What exactly are dead works anyway? It’s probably different things to different people. This is what comes to mind. Is my focus on my food, my weight, and what I will look like and feel like when I’m at the size I’d like to be?

Is my focus on my clothes, my hair, and those of my children, so that we fit in with the Joneses? Am I more worried about what the Joneses think about me than what God thinks of me?

Am I constantly apologizing to others for falling short of their opinion of me rather than focusing on whether I am living the life that Christ would want of me?

I could write this to make myself sound self-righteous, but in all honesty, I really have fallen prey to each and every one of the things that I’ve mentioned here. In my opinion, God doesn’t care a hill of beans about worldly things of this nature other than they have the potential for Satan to work a subtle wedge in our relationship with Christ.


 My thoughts, attitude, and focus need to be more attuned to the life God wants for me. Being human, I can’t do this alone, but God in His infinite mercy can if I ask Him.  How much more shall the Blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  Hebrews, Chapter 9, verse 14.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: