Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is It Really Worth Anything to Be Thin???

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?  Luke 9:23-25.

Is it really worth anything to be thin??? As you've already read the Bible passage, you know the answer. You would think with having been a Christian for so many years, I wouldn't have to ever deal with issues of this nature. But there are times when I come close.

First of all, there are times when I get down on myself, because I'm not exactly at my ideal weight. (Actually, I weigh ten pounds more than my goal weight.) At times, I fall into old patterns and beat myself up for things like not being perfect, not being able to wear skinny clothes, having a saggy, droopy body, etc.

Well, even though I'm not talking about worldly things like wealth, fancy cars, prestige, etc., I'm still talking about worldly things. Do you think that God judges us with the same eyes that we judge others? Do you think it matters to God whether we are exactly the ideal weight, are perfect, can wear skinny clothes, or have a sagging, droopy body? Those are all things of the world. Reading this Bible passage reminds me where my focus needs to lie. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?  Luke 9:23-25.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: