Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Did I Always Put You Last, God?

We love Him, because He first loved us.  1 John 4:19

That's what I found myself asking God while I was praying tonight. The answer I got saddens me to the core, but I try to be honest with my readers. At the time this question crossed my heart, I was asking God to take care of all of my concerns before I asked Him to take care of my relationship with Him and my prayers. I guess I really do make Him last. I thought this was so significant that I changed the post I was going to have come out, so you can read this now, so that you don't make the same mistakes that I have.

For many years I turned to food instead of to God, putting food and turning to God last. This is the way I dealt with my stress until I learned that I could turn all my food, eating, and stress over into God's hands. For many years, I turned to friends and family for their opinions on situations, before turning to God. Again, I was putting God last, until He showed me that I should turn to Him in all things and listen to the instincts that He gives me on situations. When I do this, I'm never disappointed, but when I don't, I don't turn to God first and listen to man, I am quite often disappointed in the outcome.

Each day, I pray for God to take care of my food, body, eating, and stress and He does. God had me lose over 80 pounds and has kept off the vast majority of it for more than 30 years, but did I put Him first? No, my request for God to make me a better Christian, have a better relationship with Him, and have more focused prayers are always at the end of my prayers.

Jesus made me first. He gave His life for me, even knowing what an ungrateful person I am. I didn't make Him first, although I love Him deeply. In realizing this, I've found that I've repeatedly put myself, food, and others first before God, when I've always felt that God is most important in my life. They say that actions speak louder than words. If that's true, I've failed God miserably, yet He still loves me and gave His life for me.

I have so much to be thankful for. I have a Lord who loves me and wants me to be the Christian He knows I can be on His behalf. Fortunately, for me He blesses me with painful insights that move me closer to that. I am thankful because Jesus first loved me, and He loved you first, regardless of your size, how much you earn, your ethnicity, or your past mistakes. He, too, will heal your heart if you only let Him.  1 John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: