Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Human Standards of Physical Perfection...

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

This passage is really talking about when Samuel was directed by God to go to Jesse's family to find the future ruler of the Israelites  Samuel thought that David's older brother had to be the one, but that wasn't the case. David, who was just a young shepherd, had the heart that God had chosen.

Sometimes, with all my bags, sags, bulges, and stretchmarks, I feel like such a miserable example of how God works in my life. There have been periods of time that I've been down on myself. This verse shows me that God doesn't judge me the way that people do. He sees my heart and brings me to know Him better. He brings me into deeper relation with Him through my shortcomings. At times, He uses my shortcomings to assist others to come into deeper relation with Him. If that's the case, I can no longer beat myself up for not being a perfect 10.

If this is the body God wants to do His will, then, who am I to judge myself according to human standards of physical perfection? But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

Since this is an example of how I've applied this Bible passage to my overeating, it may not reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: