Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Fell Short of the Mark...

Luke 7: 41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And He [Jesus] said unto him, Thou has rightly judged.

When I read the Bible daily, I try to apply the things I read, to my personal life. I had an excellent opportunity to apply this passage recently, but I fell short of the mark. We recently made a flight to visit family. I was pleased to see that my boarding pass showed an aisle seat, since I make frequent visits to the bathroom.

When we got to our seat, there was another lady sitting in my seat. I mentioned it to the stewardess and she said that there was no longer an aisle seat available. So, I sat down next to this woman who was very cold and indifferent to me throughout the flight. I prayed and prayed that I wouldn't have to use the bathroom, so I didn't annoy this woman any further. Unfortunately, my husband, in the window seat needed to use the bathroom. I figured that since I was up, I might as well use the bathroom, too.

It was very obvious that the lady next to us was not a happy camper, because she had to stop watching her DVD player and stand up for us. I apologized, but it was very apparent by her actions, that this meant nothing to her. Knowing she was upset with me, was frustrating, so I tried to figure out a way to smooth things over. This lady had a shirt with a variety of whimsical dogs on it and I complimented her on it. She said thanks, but it was cold and flat.

Throughout the weekend, instead of focusing on the events at hand, I kept being drawn back to my interactions with my seat mate. The old insecure part of me that comes from when I was overweight all those years, tried to find reasons why she wouldn't like me and would react these ways. This episode haunted me all weekend long. It should have been much easier for me to forgive her, because God has already forgiven me so much. Finally, I got to where I could turn it over to God, but first I used this situation to torture myself with it before forgiving her. Luke 7: 41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And He [Jesus] said unto him, Thou has rightly judged.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: