Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Spreading Myself Too Thinly Between All My Obligations...

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you. John 20:21

Sometimes, I feel like I am spreading myself too thinly between all my obligations. At times like this, I feel that God wouldn't want me doing this, so I look to see which things I can take off my overwhelming plate.

Sometimes, these obligations are for the church, and this confuses me. I want to do God's will by spreading the Word, but don't want to become overwhelmed and lose my balance in the process. Fortunately for me, Jesus didn't say, "Giving My life for sinners like Debbie is too overwhelming. I think I'll take that off my plate and have a more balanced life."

So, how do I know what to take off my plate and what not to? That's a really good question and I wished I had the answer to that. All I can say is to be prayerful about it and be open to hearing the tugging that God has on our hearts to do His will. Only God knows what His needs are. He will lead us to a balanced way to accomplish His needs so we don't end up hurting our relationship with Him, our family, and our sanity.

Does it mean that we have to be on the Decorating Committee for the church potluck, the Fundraiser Committee for the Youth Group, etc.? God, alone, knows what He needs us to do and how it will positively impact the people He wants. Fortunately, God always sees the big picture! He knows if these are vital ways He works through us, or if they are nice things that overwhelm us to the point that we aren't willing to volunteer to do the crucial things He wants us to do. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you. John 20:21

Since this is the first anniversary of the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog, if you leave an email address under comments on this blog or the Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life blog I will send you a free PDF copy of the book Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life until October 22, 2013. Feel free to pass this message on to others. Debbie Seiling

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: