Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Bible Passage I Hate to Read Because It's So Much Like Me...

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. Acts 5: 4  (I've included a brief overview of the actual passage 5:1-11 which is worth reading.)

The passage is about a couple in the New Testament, Ananias and Sapphira, his wife. Some of the dedicated Christians were selling their belongings to give the money to Peter and the other apostles to continue to spread the Word of Jesus.

Long story short, Ananias and Sapphira sold a possession and decided between themselves that they would tell Peter that they had gotten this lesser amount and keep the difference for themselves. Ananias went before Peter and told him this contrived amount. The verse above is what Peter said to Ananias. Ananias died immediately after this. They removed his body and his wife, not knowing her husband had just died, came to see Peter. She told him the contrived amount they sold the possession for. Again, Peter said something similar and she died.

This is the Bible passage I hate to read because it's so much like me. I can't tell you how many times little mini-plots will pop in my head so I can get more by paying less than I should. Almost every time, God has this passage pop in my mind shortly afterward. You would think I would know better by now, but these things still creep into my sinful mind. I wish this didn't happen, but it does. Fortunately for me, I have a Savior who looks after me despite my sinful nature! Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. Acts 5: 4 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: