Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Should I Need Validation from Someone Other Than God?

Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

There was a time when I would ask some one else's opinion shortly after asking God to take care of my concerns. It was like I was saying, "God, I don't truly trust that You are going to take care of my concerns, so I'm asking my friend, relative, etc. to see what they think I should do, instead of depending on You." That seemed preferable to my overeating over my concerns and worries the way I used to.

God has repeatedly shown me how He takes care of all aspects of my life.  I know that God will take care of all my concerns in whatever way is His will, because God hears all of my prayers, they just don't always get answered the way I was hoping for. Despite this, I still find myself wanting to ask my friend, relative, etc. for advice about what I should do.

At first, I didn't realize I was still doing this, but God showed me that I was. I found myself recently torn over this. I acted on something according to the way that God was leading me. I really wanted to contact a friend, relative, etc. to tell them the whole thing and get their verification that I had done what was right. Is that because I didn't trust God? Could He be wrong? I know God isn't wrong, but I still felt the need for that validation from someone else. Should I need validation from someone other than God?

It's been a real struggle. I have come back to this time after time lately. Every time I do, God has this in my mind, "If you truly trust My guidance, Debbie, then it isn't necessary to get validation from someone else, is it?"  Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: