Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Worth Is By God's Standards-Not Mine!


Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for Thy mercies' sake. Psalms 6:4

When I had moved from one state to another, thinking it would be easy to get another teaching position, I was in for a rude awakening! They were laying off teachers throughout the state, due to budget constraints. I was beside myself. I had given up a job that I dearly loved to be closer to family, but no jobs were available.

It crossed my mind to spend my days eating to drown my job frustrations. I knew God had allowed me to lose the 80+  pounds over 30 years ago and didn't want me to slip back into old eating patterns. What was I to do...trust God-for starters!

I got on the computer, checked the newspaper, and everything else to try to be aware of any job vacancies. I went to several interviews, to no avail. Then, I had a job interview where everything seemed to click. The principal really seemed impressed with my experience. She ended our interview by saying, "The only question I have for you, when I call you on Friday about the teaching position, will you accept it?" She could tell I would by my eager response.

Well, Friday came and went and I never heard about the job. I made all these excuses in my mind. I thought that the principal was just too busy with other issues preparing for the school year to start and just forgot to call me. I thought that maybe she was held up by red-tape through the district, but it really wasn't the case.

It was another year and a half before I got a full-time teaching position. In that time, God allowed me to proof the book: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, that He led me to write. I might not have finished it without having had this opportunity, although I struggled with not having a teaching job. How did that speak of my worth? Then, after much soul-searching and many tearful prayers, I realized that my worth is by God's standards, not mine!

During that time without a job, I did volunteer work and I got several part-time jobs. It turns out that one of the part-time jobs was for my future employer. My part-time work developed a sense of credibility that made me the candidate that was called when an  ideal teaching position became available. God has all things in timing. If I had gotten that other full-time position I had counted on, I wouldn't have been available when this ideal teaching position became available. Additionally, I might not have had the opportunity to finally get Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life published. I feel badly that I complained so much to God when He had a plan for me all along. Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for Thy mercies' sake. Psalms 6:4

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: