Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Waiting, but Do I Do It Patiently?

 I will wait at the fords in the wilderness until word comes from you to inform me. 2 Samuel 15:28

This post doesn't have much to do with this particular Bible passages, other than it reminded me of how well I wait! Actually, that's far from the case! I don't wait patiently, nor do I wait for the right things!

I waited and waited until I was thin, to think better of myself, when I should have been turning over my self-esteem to the Lord God's very gracious hands long before that. When the Lord let me know that I should wait and be patient while He worked within me, and the ways I ate, I tried to speed things up, which was counterproductive! For the Lord had significant reasons for me to wait to be thin. He had lessons He needed to teach me about why I ate, and when I ate, not to mention what I ate, and how much!

Fortunately for me, the Lord slowed me down, to the point that I would listen to His very invaluable lessons. The Lord showed me that I had turned to food, like a false god, to comfort me in times of stress, joy, and worry! Instead of turning to food as a false god, I was neglecting to turn all these concerns over to the Lord God's very gracious hands! Once I started praying and turning my food, my eating, and my stress over into the Lord's hands, the weight started coming off. Sometimes, the lessons you get while you are waiting, are much more important than what you are waiting for!!!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: