Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Have I Become a Weak, Two-Faced Christian?

 And [Jesus] answered and said to them, As it is written,[Isaiah,] the prophet [has] said well [about] you hypocrites, [a.k.a. someone who says one thing and does another,] This people [honor] Me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. [However,] they do worship Me in vain, teaching the commandments of men, for doctrines. Mark 7:6-7 KJV Bible [paraphrased.]

Sure, I say that the Lord God allowed me an 80+ pound weight loss, and that He has allowed the vast majority of it to stay off for over 40 years, but that doesn't make me a loyal Christian. All this happened through the Lord God's mercy, and not by me. In fact, all those many years ago, I used to pray, asking the Lord God to help me lose the weight, but it never happened, or some came off, temporarily, but I quickly regained it. It wasn't until I gave up and said to the Lord, "If You ever want me to be thin, You'll have to do it, because I can't, and I give up!" And you know what? He did it, starting that very same afternoon. None of this speaks to me being a loyal Christian, but it speaks to the Lord God, Who is all merciful!

Although I profess to be a Christian, do my words say one thing, and my actions say another? If I'm being honest, I'd have to admit to being a weak, two-faced Christian! It pains me to say so, since I love the Lord dearly, not because He allowed this great weight loss, but because He first love me, even when I'm a sinner. "*But God [commends, a.k.a. demonstrates,] His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 KJV Bible

But do my actions demonstrate my love for the Lord? I am far too quick to avoid situations where I share my faith in Him, when I'm face-to-face, with another person. I say I am a Christian, but I get impatient with those I care about, and I don't show the same amount of compassion for them, as the Lord shows for me. I'm so sorry, but do I change my actions and my attitudes to be more aligned with what the Lord God wants? Unfortunately, not as much as I should. This post brings to mind, the many things that I have to be prayerful about!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: