Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I an Example of My Faith?

 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds & I will show you my faith by my deeds."  James 2:18 NIV Bible

So, this lets me think deeper into this passage, reflecting on what the Lord has for me to learn through this post. Do I truly show my faith in the Lord God, through my deeds?

My first instinct is to say, "No way! I am a sinful human being, and I can never come closing to being the example I should be of the positive impact the Lord has had on my life!" Actually, quite the opposite is true! I think that the Lord, instead of using me as a stunning example of how I should be as a Christian, He utilizes some of my many, many flaws, to show how He loves me despite all of them. 

He loves me whether I'm thin, or I'm heavy. He loves me whether I share my faith, or I withdraw into a corner and hide from others. The Lord God loves me unconditionally. The thing is, His love for me, despite my many flaws, moves me to attempt to be a better example for others! Of course, I can't totally be that example, but hopefully from sharing how the Lord God opens His arms wide to me, welcoming me back, no matter whether I've gone on an overeating binge, or I've been impatient or intolerant of others, demonstrates how amazingly wonderful and forgiving the Lord God is!!!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: