Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Am I Hiding From?

Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in You. Psalm 143:9

What am I hiding from? Is it people who look down on me, because I'm not stick skinny, I'm not wealthy and drive an expensive car? Is it those who don't like the way I share my faith, because they feel differently? Is it really that I'm hiding from my sinful human nature?

You know me how I am Lord! You know my faults and my many insecurities! I can hide those faults from others, but I can't hide those faults from You, O Lord. What's remarkable, is that You still love me anyway, despite my many faults and insecurities. 

Do I have to look a certain way or have a certain number in my bank account? Do I have to be on every church committee that exists? No. You love me as I am!  Sometimes, I'm my own worst enemy, so I pray, Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in You. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: