Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Am I Up To?

 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you & I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of His body, which is the church. Colossians 1:24 NIV Bible

The Apostle Paul suffered through so much, in order to be able to share faith in Jesus Christ, the Risen Savior, with others. What am I up to? Actually, that's a good question, because I'm not sure which was the Lord God is leading me on this one!

I think it may be that I get complacent and go through my normal routine, without giving specific focus on what the Lord God wants me to be doing. I do what's comfortable and don't push myself beyond my comfort zone. Fortunately for me, Jesus Christ didn't do the same thing!

He didn't say, They are going to mock Me, whip Me, and even spit on Me, I'm not so sure that Debbie, going through her routine activities, as if they are on My behalf, is really worth all that pain and effort! He loves me as I am, heavy, thin, complacent & devoted, but I think that through this post, He's guiding me to be much more devoted and focused on what He wants me to do on His behalf!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: