Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Who Am I Trying to Impress?

 Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Galatians 6:12 NIV Bible

Well, this Bible verse doesn't have much to do with this post, but the underlined portion does. When I was younger, I knew of someone young, who gave all of a family member's jewelry away. As I got older, I realized that person did this, because she didn't feel good about herself and wanted to buy friends. In fact, I might not have been very understanding that she would do this.

Now, many years later, I found that when I had a disagreement with someone, I, too, was trying to think of ways to butter up that person, so the discord would disappear, and we'd be friendly again. It was after lots of prayerful contemplation, I was doing the exact same thing as that young girl, I didn't understand.

On thinking about this, I've tried to compliment people, or do favors for them, trying to get in their good graces. When I think about it, I'm not so different from that girl! I remember that I prayed for God to 'help me' loose the weigh, thinking that I would have lots of friends, if I were thinner. It didn't happen until many years later, when I put my food, eating, stress, etc. into the Lord God's capable  hands, that He allowed my weight loss of 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. I think it was probably the first time that I turned the total control over to the Lord God, instead of asking Him to 'help me' loose the weight. 


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: