Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Really Honest with Myself?

 Use honest scales and honest weights, and honest ephah and an honest hin. I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of Egypt. Leviticus 19:36 NIV

This Bible passages is primarily talking about using honest, fair measurements when selling things to people, so they don't take advantage of them. But, it still relates to me, in that, when I'm taking portions of food, I know what an honest portion size is, but do I ignore that information?

Am I pleasantly oblivious when I heaping up my plate, and not being honest with myself? Well, the truth be told, I've done this far too many times, and I'm not proud of it. when I'm not being honest with myself, I'm also not being honest with Christ, my Lord and Savior. He loves me just the way I am, heavy or thin, but He knows that food, the thoughts of food and weight loss, became a false god in my life.

I turned to food for comfort, especially when stressed, instead of putting these issues into Christ's very capable hands! Once I started putting my life, my food, my stress, and eating into His hands, my whole life, and my focus on excessive amounts of food changed! Every time, I put invisible blinders on when I'm heaping on food, without taking honest portions, I allowing that food to work a wedge in my relationship with Christ and with myself and my family. I don't want to go slip-sliding back into old eating patterns. When this starts happening in my life, the Lord is very gracious about allowing me to return to Him, and He reminds me when I start to stray again!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: