Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Pant Legs on My PJ's Seemed Too Tight

 Each is so close to the next, that no air can pass between. Job 41:16 NIV Bible

Although this may seem like a strange Bible Passage to include, it's exactly how my P.J. pant legs felt. This tells me significant things, because since the Lord allowed the loss of 80+ pounds over 30 years ago, I rarely get on a scale. The scale had sort of become a false god in my life. I turned to the scale to tell me if I was good, or if I was bad, like my weight increases or decreases conveyed what type of person I was. I found out that I should have turned to the Lord, God with these concerns, instead of my scale.

So, Christ guides me by things like my pant legs being too tight. This in turn, lets me know that I have not only not been following what the Lord has shown me is good and healthy for my body, but my relationship with my Savior has gotten off keel.

Of all the things, being out of alignment with my relationship with Jesus, is the absolute worst thing, far worse than any weight I may have gained back. It lets me know that I need to apologize for becoming complacent in my relationship with my Savior, and ignored what He showed me about how I had been eating and how I've neglected focusing on Him. Fortunately, when I realize how off-track I've been, the Lord always gladly welcomes me back!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: