Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Seemed Like a Good Deal, May Have Come at Too High a Price!

 Sell us food to eat and water to drink for their price in silver. Only let us pass through on foot- Deuteronomy 2:28 NIV Bible

A younger relative wanted to take me to the newest, biggest grocery store that had recently opened up in our area. When I went in, a displace for discounted walnuts caught my eye. One pound of walnuts sold for $6.95 cents. I decided that I was going to buy and freeze two bags of walnuts. My family member showed me the coupon above it that said that if I bought $15 of their store brand nuts, I could get an additional $3.00 off the price.

I didn't want to buy a third bag of walnuts, because that would mean I was paying almost $21 to get $3.00 off. So, as I walked through the rows, I noticed a display of peanuts in the shell for $1.95. I immediately realized, that if I bought a bag of roasted peanuts without salt, that I prefer for health reasons, I could use the $3.00 coupon and get all of it for a little more than the required coupon price. 

I decided that since I got this wonderful deal, I would treat myself to some peanuts that evening. Although I had a filling dinner, I poured out a heaping bowl of peanuts in the shell to enjoy to celebrate getting this good deal. The thing is, this whole experience brought me back to a point in my life, where food became a false god. I turned to food when I was stressed, worried, or glad, instead of turning to my Lord and Savior. I realized that I was doing the same thing again, without even realizing it! This good deal came at too high a price!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: