Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Got the Big Potato!

 Do not have two differing measures in your house-one large, one small. Deuteronomy 25:14 NIV Bible

My husband and I recently got to-go meals from a place that has large servings. The plan was that we would each get a meal we liked and divide it in half. We would each one half of ours that night, and the other half of the dinner the next night. Since I had gotten out the knife to cut my meal in half, I asked my husband if he'd like me to cut his meal in half, while I was at it, and he did. 

I opened the top of both meals and was delighted to see what a large baked potato they had given me in my meal. I noticed that the baked potato in my husband's meal was a normal sized baked potato. All of sudden, it was like I had hit the jackpot. I had gotten the big potato! For a split second, it crossed my mind to let my husband have the bigger baked potato, and I'd take the smaller one. But just as quickly, I thought of 30 reasons why I should leave it as it was! 

In that brief amount of time, food had become a false god to me again, where it became too important in my life. The Lord showed me many years ago, when food becomes too important, when I'm focused on it, instead of Him, I've lost my focus.  Although there was nothing wrong with having or eating the larger potato, but it became too important to me. I find when I'm truly focused on my relationship with Christ, eating becomes something I do to fuel my body. This just shows me, I need to be prayerful about turning my food, my eating, my stress, and my body over into Christ's very capable hands!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: